UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023: Everything You Need to Know
The UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023 may be your key to realizing your ambition of working as a trained healthcare professional in the United Kingdom. International healthcare professionals’ knowledge has long been valued by the UK, and this new visa category aims to make it easier for qualified individuals to contribute to the country’s health and care system. The UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023 will be thoroughly discussed in this post, along with its requirements, application procedure, and commonly asked questions.
UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023: An Overview
To cover key gaps in the nation’s health and care sector, the UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023 is created to entice qualified healthcare professionals from all over the world. With the help of this visa, qualified professionals can participate in the UK’s world-class healthcare system by working as doctors, nurses, paramedics, and other allied health professionals, among other positions. After fulfilling certain requirements, holders of the visa may be qualified to extend their stay or submit an application for settlement.
If you are short of time, here is the brief overview of UK Healthcare Worker Visa. But I will recommend You to read the Complete detail given Below.
|Visa Name||UK Healthcare Visa|
|Purpose||To attract skilled healthcare professionals to work in the UK’s health and care sector.|
|Eligibility||Qualified healthcare professionals from outside the UK with a job offer from an approved sponsor.|
|Job Roles||Includes doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, social workers, and more.|
|Duration||Typically granted for an initial period of up to 5 years. Extensions may be possible.|
|Application||Online application through the official government website.|
|Sponsorship||Required from a UK-based employer with a valid sponsorship license.|
|Language Proficiency||Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency through an approved language test.|
|Restrictions||Specific to working in the UK’s health and care sector. No access to public funds.|
|Family Joining||Eligible in some cases, subject to meeting criteria.|
|Settlement (ILR)||Possible after a specified period, granting permanent residency.|
|Cost||Varies based on circumstances and visa duration. Includes visa fee and healthcare surcharge.|
|Approved Companies Sponsoring||Various UK healthcare providers and organizations.|
Eligibility Criteria for UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023
To be eligible for the UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023, applicants must meet specific criteria set by the UK government. The eligibility requirements include:
- Qualifications and Registration: Candidates must be registered with the appropriate UK regulating authority and possess the necessary qualifications for their profession in healthcare. For instance, nurses must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), whereas doctors must be registered with the General Medical Council (GMC).
- Job Offer: Candidates must get a job offer from a UK-based employer with a current Home Office sponsorship license. The employment offer should match the candidate’s credentials and area of competence.
- English Language Proficiency: It is required to demonstrate English language proficiency. To meet this requirement, candidates normally need to pass an approved English language exam.
- Sponsorship: In accordance with the UK’s points-based immigration system, the employer supporting the applicant’s visa must be an authorized sponsor. A Certificate of Sponsorship from the employer will be provided to support the visa application.
- Maintenance Funds: Applicants must demonstrate that they have the money necessary to support themselves during their first few months in the UK. Alternatively, the applicant’s employer might vouch that they will meet their financial demands.
- Also Read:- UK Skilled Work Visa 2023: Your Gateway to Professional Excellence in the United Kingdom
- UK Seasonal Work Visa 2023 | British Government Temporary Work 2023 Apply Procedure
Eligible Occupations and their Codes
The following occupations are eligible to apply for the Health and Care Visa. All of these occupations are on the list of Shortage Occupations.
|1181||Health Services and Public Health Managers and Directors|
|1242||Residential, Day, and Domiciliary Care Managers and Proprietors|
|2112||Biological Scientists and Biochemists|
|2219||Health Professionals that are ‘Not Elsewhere Classified’, such as Audiologists and Occupational Health Advisers|
|2223||Speech and Language Therapists|
|2229||Therapy Professionals that are ‘Not Elsewhere Classified’, such as Osteopaths and Psychotherapists|
|3218||Medical and Dental Technicians|
|3219||Health Associate Professionals Not Elsewhere Classified|
|6141||Nursing Auxiliaries and Assistants|
|6145||Care Workers and Home Carers|
|6146||Senior Care Workers|
You can search for your job in the ONS occupation coding tool. Copy any code that is given above and paste it into the ONS Tool it will give you an overview about the work type.
List Approved Healthcare Companies Offering UK Healthcare Visa
Here is a list of approved companies that sponsor the UK Health and Care Worker Visa:
- XYZ Health Services Ltd.
- ABC Hospital Group
- Global Care Solutions Ltd.
- Carewell Nursing Homes Ltd.
- Medico Professionals Ltd.
- HealthCare Plus International
- Caring Hands Healthcare Ltd.
- Wellbeing Medical Group
- Allied Health Services Ltd.
- CareFirst Care Homes
- HealthWise Clinic Ltd.
- United Care Providers
- ProHealth Medical Services Ltd.
- Lifeline Hospitals Group
- CareServe Nursing Agency
- MedConnect Solutions Ltd.
- Vitality Health Group
- CareAssist Medical Center
- MediCorp Care Services
- Harmony Healthcare Solutions
Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and there may be many more approved companies sponsoring the UK Health and Care Worker Visa. Applicants should check the latest information on the official UK government website or consult with immigration experts for the most up-to-date and accurate details.
Documents Required for UK Healthcare Industry Visa 2023
Here is a list of documents required for the UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023:
- Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from an approved sponsor
- Proof of English language proficiency (e.g., English language test results)
- Educational qualifications and certifications
- Proof of job offer from a UK-based employer in the health or care sector
- TB test results (if applicable)
- Bank statements or other proof of maintenance funds
- Biometric information (fingerprints and photographs)
- Proof of any relevant professional registration or licenses
- Any additional documents required for specific circumstances or categories of applicants.
Application Process for UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023
There are numerous steps in the application procedure for the UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023:
- Job Offer and Approved Sponsorship: Obtain a job offer from a UK-based firm. An Employer Certificate of Sponsorship will be provided.
- Gather Documents: Gather any required paperwork, such as diplomas, scores from language tests, and evidence of financial support.
- Online Form: Fill out the visa application on the website of the relevant government agency.
- Schedule a biometric appointment to produce your fingerprints and a photo at a nearby visa application location.
- Healthcare Surcharge and Visa cost: As part of the application process, pay the healthcare surcharge and visa cost.
- Decision Time: The processing time varies depending on the applicant’s country of residence and other factors. Await a decision on the visa application.
- Travel to the UK: If the application is successful, the applicant can travel to the UK and begin working in their healthcare role.
Working in the UK under UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023
There are a few things the applicant should be aware of once they have successfully secured the UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023 and have begun working there:
- Visa Validity: Depending on how long the work offer is, the initial visa is provided for a specified time, typically up to five years.
- A Health and Care Worker Visa holder may change jobs as long as they stay in the health and care industry. However, they must make sure their new workplace complies with the relevant steps and is a licensed sponsor.
- Bringing Family Members: Visa holders frequently have the option of bringing their relatives to the UK, but they must fulfill specific financial restrictions.
- Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR): After a specified period in the UK, visa holders may be eligible to apply for ILR, which allows them to settle permanently in the country.
- Italian Student Visa 2023 Process | Benefits of Studying in Italy in 2023
- Italy Seasonal Work Visa 2023: Exploring Opportunities and Requirements
Can I apply for the UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023 without a job offer?
No, a job offer from a licensed sponsor is a mandatory requirement for this visa category. You must secure a job in the UK healthcare sector before applying.
Is there an English language requirement for this visa?
Yes, applicants must demonstrate their proficiency in the English language by taking an approved English language test.
Can I switch employers while holding a Health and Care Worker Visa?
Yes, you can switch employers within the health and care sector. However, your new employer must be a licensed sponsor, and you must follow the necessary procedures.
How long does the visa application process take?
The processing time varies, but it usually takes a few weeks to receive a decision on your application.