Australia Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa Guide | Australia Subclass 476 Visa Requirements
Australia’s 476 Visa, often known as the Skilled—Recognized Graduate Visa, is an exceptional opportunity for recent engineering graduates. It allows holders to live, study, and work in Australia temporarily. This Australia Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa Guide is an exhaustive resource, providing clarity on visa requirements, application process, advantages, and much more.
Students graduating from Australian Universities need to seek a work visa after completing their studies. Since A student visa won’t lead to permanent residency, you have to apply for a work visa such as a 476 visa. A skilled recognised graduate visa is a type of work visa that you can apply for if you are an engineering graduate.
What Is a Australia Subclass 476 Visa?
The Australia Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa, subclass 476, caters specifically to engineering graduates. It’s designed to provide a pathway for these graduates to gain valuable work experience in their field of study.
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Subclass 476 Visa
To be eligible for the Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa (Subclass 476), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Engineering Degree: Have completed a recognized engineering degree within the past two years from a specified institution.
- Your engineering degree is in one of the following disciplines:
- Civil engineering
- Structural engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Mechanical, production and plant engineering
- Mining and material engineering
- You have completed one of these degrees in the last two years:
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree
- Doctoral degree
- Postgraduate degree
- Your engineering degree is in one of the following disciplines:
- Qualification Recognition: The degree should be from a recognized institution listed on the Washington Accord, which includes various countries known for high-quality engineering education.
- Age Limit: Applicants must be under 31 years of age at the time of application.
- If you previously has a temporary Graduate Visa-785 or skilled graduated 476 visa, then you can not apply for Australia Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa unless you held one as a family member of the main applicant.
- English Proficiency: Fulfill English language requirements through appropriate testing or by being a passport holder of a designated English-speaking country.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
|6 points at least with a minimum of 5 points for each test component.
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language- internet-based Test)
|64 points in total with minimum points for each test component:Listening: 4Reading: 4Writing: 14Speaking: 14
|PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic)
|50 points in total with minimum points of 36 for each component.
|OET (Occupational English Test)
|B for each test component.
|Cambridge C1 Advanced test
|169 points in total with a minimum of 154 in each test component.
You are not required to submit evidence of your language skills if you have a passport issued from one of the following countries:
- The United Kingdom
- The United States of America
- New Zealand
- The Republic of Ireland
Australia Subclass 476 Document Requirements
When applying for the Australia Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa, applicants need to prepare a set of documents, including but not limited to:
- Passport: A valid passport.
- Educational Documents: Certified copies of academic transcripts, degree certificates, and other relevant educational qualifications.
- English Language Proficiency: Proof of meeting English language requirements through test scores or eligible passports.
- Health and Character Certificates: Health examinations and police clearance certificates from all countries previously resided in for more than 12 months.
- Helping forms. Depending on who’s helping you submit either form 956 or form 956a.
- If you are applying with your partner include:
- Their identification
- Marriage papers
- Proof of relationship
- For dependents under 18 include:
- Birth certificate or family book
- A parental permission form 1229
- A statutory declaration
Australia Subclass 476 Visa Cost
The application fee for a visa 476 is AUD410. In case of family member with you, the visa cost may vary depending upon number of dependent with main applicant.
How to Apply for the Australia Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa Guide?
The application process for the Australia Subclass 476 Visa involves several steps:
- Gather Documents: Collect and certify all necessary documents.
- Online Application: Submit an online application through the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs website.
- Pay Fees: Pay the required visa application fee at the time of application.
- Health Examination: Undergo a health examination as per the guidelines provided by the Department of Home Affairs.
- Character Assessment: Provide police clearance certificates from relevant authorities.
- Await Decision: Once submitted, await a decision from the Department of Home Affairs regarding the visa application.
Benefits of the Subclass 476 Visa
The Australia Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa Guide (Subclass 476) offers various advantages:
- Work Rights: Holders can work in any occupation during their stay in Australia without restrictions.
- Study Opportunities: It allows visa holders to study or enroll in courses in Australia.
- Travel: Travel in and out of Australia freely while the visa is valid.
- Potential Pathway for Permanent Residency: Provides a pathway for other skilled visas or permanent residency options in Australia.
- Also See:- Elevate Your Career: The Ultimate Guide to Portuguese Work Visas
- Construction Visa Subsidy Program In Western Australia | Ultimate Guide For Australian CVSP Visa Program 2023
- Deakin University Destination Australia Scholarships 2023 | Deakin University Fully Funded Stipend Program 2023 Online Apply
- Ultimate Guide For New Zeeland Work Permit | New Zeeland Work Visa
In conclusion, the Australia Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa Guide, subclass 476, is a remarkable opportunity for recent engineering graduates to gain valuable work experience in Australia. This comprehensive guide aims to equip potential applicants with the necessary information to pursue this enriching journey successfully.
How long does it take to process the 476 Visa application?
The processing time for a 476 Visa application can vary but generally takes between four to eight months.
Are there any restrictions on work while holding a 476 Visa?
The 476 Visa allows holders to work in any occupation during the visa’s validity without any restrictions.
Is it possible to extend the Australia Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa?
The 476 Visa doesn’t allow for extensions. However, holders can explore other visa options to continue staying in Australia.
Can I study part-time while on a 476 Visa?
Yes, the 476 Visa allows visa holders to enroll in courses or study part-time during their stay in Australia.