Importance, History of Muhrram Ul Haram in Islam| Ashura [ Wafa karbala] Real Story
Islamic Calendar Start end with the Month of Sacrifice. Muhrram Ul Haram is the first Islamic Month in which the Martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussain and End with the Dhu al-Hijjah , the Sacrifice of Hazrat Ismail and Hazrat Ibrahim. Muhrram Ul Haram is the 2nd Most Holiest Month after the Ramadan.
Muharram is also Called the ‘the Sacred Month of Allah’ Because it is only month which Allah’s name has been attached to – the Prophet Muhammad (saw). In Islamic Calendar, there are Four Sacred Month when warfare is forbidden., Muhrram Ul Haram along with three other month namely, with the seventh month of Rajab, and the eleventh and twelfth months of Dhu al-Qi’dah and Dhu al-Hijjah,
What is Importance of Muharram Ul Haram in our Life?
Muharram Ul Haram is Month of Sacrifice in which Hazrat Imam Hussnain , the grandson of Prophet Muhammad has sacrificed his life or his Whole Family Only For well being of Islama against second Umayyad Caliph Yazid who Callad himself as “God”.
A Muslim can get the maximum benefit from Allah’s blessings during these four months. In its literal sense, ‘Muharram’ means forbidden. War or any act of violence during this month is prohibited, as it is during the other sacred months.
As the Per Teaching the of Holy Quran, It is one of Four Sacred Month in the Islamic Calender. Allah has called Muhrram Ul Haram in these word in Holy Quran
The Prophet Muhammad confirms Muharram’s sanctity in these words n his last sermon on Haji
Worship in the Muaharram ul Haram
Any Muslim can Practice these Worship during Holy Month of Muaharram For earning Sawab and for the Allah’s Will.
- Fasting in the Sacred Muaharram Month
- Avoid Sin During Holy Month
- Remember the Battle of Karbala that caused the Islamic schism
- Recite the Holy Quran and Dhikr
- Learn about the Karabala Battle and Sacrifice of Imam Hussnain
- Speak about the Martyrdom of Imam Husnain and His Family in Front of Children
- Study the Life of Imam Hussnain
All the Muslim should Fast on these Days in the Muharram. Although, Fasting is mandatory Only in the Ramazan. But Fasting during the Sacred Month of Muhrram Ul Haram is Sunnah and Fruitful. These Nafli Fast during Muharram are Most Rewarded as Per Hadith.
- 1st of Muharram – Islamic New Year
- 9th of Muharram – Night (preceding) of ‘Ashura
- 10th of Muharram – Yawm al ‘Ashura
- 14th of Muharram – Birthday of Shah Bahauddin Naqshband (Q)
- Three days in row; Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, [preferably on the first 10 days of Muharram]
- Last day of Muharram
Hazrat Ayesha (R.A) has Said that Prophet Muhammad has explain the Fasting Importance in these words.
Whoever wishes to fast (on the day of ‘Ashura’) may do so; and whoever wishes to leave it can do so.(SAHIH BUKHARI: 1592)
Things not Allow in Muaharram ul Haram
- Because of the Death of Imam Hassan , Imam Husnain and their Family in the Karabala Battle, Some People Considered it as Unlucky Month. So they don’t hold weddings, and other celebrations during this month.
- Some People believe that Preparing Certain types of Meal on the 9th & 10th Muharram is Sunnah. However, there no Proof regarding this in Islam.
- Wearing Black Dress During Holy Month of Muharam as Sign of grief.
- AAvoid such Speech that Promote angry, or Promote Fighting between Sunni and Shia Muslim.
- Piercing one’s body, cutting one’s self or beating one’s self in mourning for the martyrdom of Imam Husayn bin Ali (SA).
- Mourning on the Death of Imam Hussnain and his Family. However, it is Prohited in the Islam.
He is not from our group who slaps his checks, tears his clothes and cries in the manner of the people of jahiliyyah.(BUKHAARI)
Some Important Incident of Muharram Ul Haram
|Seizure of the Grand Mosque in 1400 AH (1979 AD).
|Husayn ibn Ali enters Karbala and establishes camp. Yazid’s forces are present. 61 AH (680 AD).
|Death anniversary (urs) of Baba Farid, a Punjabi Sufi saint, in 665 AH (1266 AD). His urs is celebrated for six days during Muharram, in Pakpattan, Pakistan.
|Access to water was banned to Husayn ibn Ali by Yazid’s orders. 61 AH (680 AD).
|Referred to as the Muharram Rebellion, the day on which Bengali Muslims in Sylhet lead one of the earliest anti-British uprisings in the subcontinent. 1197 AH (1782 AD).
|Referred to as the Day of Ashurah Shia Muslims spend the day in mourning, while Sunni Muslims fast on this day, commemorating the rescue of the Israelites by Musa (Moses) from Pharaoh.
Shia Muslims also mourn for the martyrs of Karbala.
Many Sufi Muslims fast for the same reason as the Sunnis mentioned above, but also for the martyred dead in Karbala.
|Zayn al-‘Ābidīn, fourth Shia Imam was martyred by Marvanian in 95 AH (714 AD).
|Death anniversary (urs) of Ashraf Jahangir Semnani, an Indian Sufi saint, in 808 AH (1405 AD).
Why is the 10th of Muharram important to Islam?
10th Muharram is called the Ashura in Islam. In general, the two main practices performed on the day are fasting and mourning
Why are the first 10 days of Muharram important?
Shia Muslim Spend First 10 days of Muharram in Mourning the Martyrdom of Imam Hassan, Imam Hussain and their Families. They Spend these Days in by recalling the Battle of kartabla in 680 AD
What prophet said about Muharram?
The Hoy Prophet (PBUH) has called the Muharram , one of Sacred Month in the Islamic Calendar. He advised all Muslim to do Fasting , Recite Holy Quran during this Holy Month.