How to Start Poultry Farming Business 2023 | Poultry Farm Business Plan, Rules and Regulation
We are living in Such age in which Everyone should have a Business not matter it is small or Big, Today, we will discuss in Detail about How to Start Poultry Farming Business.
In today, Article, we try to Figure out each and every Aspect of Poultry Farm Business Plan, Rules and Regulation. We will try to answer each Question which come in your Mind when you Start Your Chicken Poultry Farm.
- What is means by Poultry Farm?
- What are the different Forms of Poultry Farm?
- Who should Start their own Poultry Farm?
- How much Initial Investment, Skills or Knowledge is required to Start Chicken Farming?
- What are the Benefits and drawback of Poultry Farming? How much Risk is Involved?
- How to Select a Suitable Location For your Chicken Farm?
- How to Market Your End Product Like Eggs, Chicken, Meat and Earn Profit from It?
Do You Know Poultry Farm Business Model?
In Poultry Farm Business, You Buy Few Birds for Eggs, Meat and feather production. You build a Proper Farm for Birds For processing, breeding, rearing, and hatching processes for further growth.
Some Famous Poultry birds are chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl etc. It is recommended to start this Business with only One or two Domestic Birds in the Beginning.
Poultry Farm is One of the Profitable and fastest growing business in the agriculture. But Most People failed and wasted their Money in Farming Business because they do not have Knowledge and marketing skills to grow Poultry Business.
Form of Poultry Farming Business
As we Know that Nobody is Perfect is Everything, But he Can of Master of his Skills or area. In the Same way there are different area in the Poultry Farming. You should Choose an Area in the Beginning according to your knowledge, experience and Skills.
- Meat production (Broilers breeding)
- Egg production (Layers breeding)
- Poultry feed production
- Chicken breeding (Hatchery)
- Egg and meat processing
Chicken Farming Operate in Different area, But You should start with Only one Sector in the business.
Who should do the Poultry Farm Business?
There is no restriction on the Starting Poultry Farm Business model. Anyone can easily Start this business with a little bit Investment and Experience.
- Any Person who has Formal Education in the Animal or Birds.
- You should get Proper training about the bird Feeding, diseases etc in order to run Successful business.
- A Person who already work in any Poultry Farm Sector.
- A Person should have the Knowledge about the Bird diseases, bird feeding, difficulties that come in that Sector.
- A Person who has suitable location For Building Your Poultry Farm. Suitable Location is a Place bit away from town area.
- The Land Price and Labour should be Cheap in the Area.
How Much Initial Investment is Required?
The amount required For Starting Poultry Farm may vary from Person to Person and location to Location. You Should require Initial Investment for Following Things.
- Land Acquistion for Farm
- Proper Cages for Birds
- Feed/Food for Birds
- Buying Necessary Equipements for Chicken Farm
- Hiring Few Persons who should Look after the Farm and Birds
- For advertising or raising awareness about Your Farm in the Locality
Benefits of Poultry Farm Business
If You are running or planning to run a Chicken Farm, You Should have Following benefits.
- You Can Start Poultry Farm with as Little Investment Nearly 5000 $.
- Poultry Farming is high Yield Business which give you exponential Return.
- Space Requirment is also Less. You can Start Chicken/ Bird Farming Business From Your Home also.
- There is no need of any Formal Education in Poultry Farm, and You can easily get Government Approved licenses. for Your Chicken Farm.
- Marketing is very easy in the poultry business.
- It is not a Seasonal Business and Start giving Profit from Beginning face.
- Few poultry birds take a shorter time duration to mature and generate profit. Poultry products are not much expensive.
What are Few Difficulties Faced in Poultry Farm?
Every Coin have two Face, a good and a bad. Noone can Predict what can happen with him in Future. In the ways, there are few difficulties that Faced by every Poultry Farmer.
- With increase in Inflation, the Price of Bird Continuously Increasing which is Major Issue faced by Every Poultry Farm owner.
- Sudden Outbreak of certain birds or animals may kill all your birds.
- Some Bird Safety Rules like banning the use of conventional cages at layer farms also Create hurdles for Every Poultry Farm owner.
- Deficient of certain Nutrition in the animal also create issue For Farmer.
How much Risk Involved in the Poultry Farming?
The Risk involved in the Poultry Farming is very minimal. And there is no major Financial Loss if you do it Seriously. You can also recover Your Capital Investment within short Period of Time.
The Major Risk in this Business is the Outbreak of Disease that may kill all of your birds. So, all birds waste should be disposed properly from Farm as soon as Possible in order to Protect the birds from any Disease.
Selecting best Poultry Farm Location
An ideal location for any type of Farm should have following Characteristics
- Your Chicken Farm Should located away from the Urban area. As farm Produce odor Smell nearby. But not so Far that it causes high transportation cost.
- Poultry Farm should be equipped with all basic Facilities such as access to roads, medical facilities, adequate security, power, clean water supply, etc.
- Poultry Farm Should be located nearer to the market So that you can sell your Farm Products easily in the market with high profit.
- Your Poultry Farm should must fulfil Following requirement:-
- Enriched colony housing: You Farm should have adequate Cage where you can Keep a Small group of Birds live together, giving birds more room to move around. These mainly include perching, scratching, and laying their eggs in a private nesting area.
- Ventilation: – Farm should have Proper Ventilation and Proper Sunlight for growth of Chicken and Other birds.
- Light: – Farm should have Proper Lighting system 24 hours. A Proper Light will increase the production of eggs if hens are already laying.
- Protection: – In order to animals From Winds, Climate Change and Other Animals that can harm them, they need a Proper Protection system.
Necessary Poultry Farming Equipment
In order to grow your business and earn Profit from it, everyone need some Labour and instrument that boost its Production. In the same way, you need following equipment for your Poultry Farm
- Feeders are a tool used to supply the birds with food.
- Waterers are a gadget used to provide water to birds.
- Nests – Nest are required for Laying eggs are made easy for chickens in nests.
- Proper Ventilation System Odor vents, perforated walls, etc., can be used for this in a ventilation system.
- Cages Boxes called “cages” are used to house birds.
- Coops – A chicken coop serves as the birds’ home.
- Eggs are kept warm in incubators so they will hatch.
- Chicken eggs are handled using an egg tray.
- Perches – These are logs you place a little above the chicken house floor for the birds to rest.
- Brooders or heaters – These provide heat for raising young chicks.
- Waste disposal system – This mainly helps for proper disposal of the waste you produce in your poultry farm.
- Lighting instruments – This provides light for poultry housing
Choosing Right Type of Poultry Farming Birds
In a Poultry farm, there are Several types of birds like domestic fowl, chicken, duck, goose, quail, guinea fowl, turkey, pigeon, and peacock. But it is totally dependent on You From which birds you want to Start your business.
During the Initial stage, small poultry farms can start by focusing on about 2 to 3 birds and after that, you can add more birds. In this Stage, your best choice to start farming for meat production or egg production.
Poultry Farm Marketing
Till now, you have learnt about each and Every thing about Birds, their benefits etc. Now, it is time to market your Farming Products like Eggs, birds in the Market.
In order to Promote Your Poultry Farm Business, you can use the Traditional marketing Style as well Modern digital ways.
In traditional Style, you can Promote Your Poultry Farm by using marketing Brochures, print ads in local publications, radio placements, especially if you live in a rural area.
You can also use the Modern ways like Website and social media in order to Promote your business in your Surrounding areas.
If you are Living any Rural Area and You have a Land away from the locality, then starting your own Poultry Farm is the best business, since it has very less, or no risk Involved in it with high return on your investment.
You can use the above guide to Start Poultry Farming Business by Focusing on one or two birds only at the Initial Stage.
Best of Luck! If you have any questions, please let us know in the Comment Section.